Covid-19 Update for Patients
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, our clinic was temporarily closed for all but urgent conditions. Over the next few weeks, we will gradually reopen the clinic for all appointments. We have enacted strict protocols to encourage social distancing and enhanced sanitation to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Currently, we are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telemedicine appointments are available for patients who are worried about coming into the clinic or have a condition visible via webcam (such as a stye). Many issues can be addressed from the safety of your home via a video call appointment. Speak with our receptionist about your condition to determine if telemedicine is an option for you.
When rescheduling appointments for patients who have had their appointments cancelled over the past two months, we will prioritize patients with urgent or active issues (visually significant cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, etc.).
If you have an appointment scheduled in the coming months, you will receive a call soon to determine if you would like to keep your appointment, postpone your appointment or change your appointment to a telemedicine appointment. The time and date of your appointment may change and we will notify you of this in advance.
Please call 434-295-3227 to schedule in-clinic and telemedicine appointments.
We are working diligently to schedule patients in a manner that allows for social distancing with fewer patients in the clinic at a time in order to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
– We follow the American Academy of Ophthalmology best practices for sterilizing rooms and equipment between every patient use. Our appointments will be separated by roughly 30 minutes to allow time for thorough cleaning.
– We require all medical staff and patients to wear a mask at all times. We screen patients and reschedule appointments if they have a fever or any other concerning symptoms for COVID-19 including sore throat, fatigue, loss of smell, cough, shortness of breath or exposure to someone with known COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
– We have eliminated front desk encounters. Insurance information and copays are now handled over the phone or billed later.
– We ask patients to call the front desk when they arrive for their appointment and to wait in their vehicle instead of the waiting room.
– We escort patients directly from their vehicle to their exam room where they will remain until the completion of their appointment (except for medical testing).
– We then escort patients back to their vehicles.
– We ask patients to use the restroom prior to their appointment to decrease the use of the public restroom at the clinic.
– We will have one less doctor in the clinic and will schedule fewer appointments than usual
Thank you for your patience as we work to deliver care in the safest possible manner.
– Please call our front desk when you arrive at your appointment (434-295-3227) and wait in your vehicle for instructions.
– Please wear a mask.
– Please use the restroom prior to your visit.
– Please call to reschedule if you have a fever or any symptoms for COVID-19 including sore throat, fatigue, loss of smell, cough, shortness of breath OR if you have been in the presence of someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Thank you for your cooperation. Together, we will provide the safest care possible to all of our patients.
You will need access to a phone, tablet or computer that has a microphone and camera. How does it work? The doctor will text you a link to click to initiate the call.
The doctor will text you a link to click to initiate the call.
It would be helpful for you to check your vision prior to your call, if possible. Please go to this link and follow the instructions: AAO Home Eye Test for Children and Adults
Telemedicine appointments are billed to your health insurance.