Dr. Schauer, born February 4, 1964, in Portland, Ore., received a Bachelor of Science degree from Stanford University and a medical degree from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Medicine.
• University of Virginia—residency in ophthalmology
Licensure & Board Certification
• Licensed in Virginia
• Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
Academic & Administrative Appointments
• University of Virginia—clinical assistant professor
• Martha Jefferson Hospital
• Monticello Community Surgery Center
Awards & Honors
• Phi Beta Kappa
• Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
• Paulson, Weinstein, Schauer: “Tissue—Specific Expression of Sialyltransferases,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, 1989 (264) 10931-34.