Dr. Page earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish with distinction from the University of Virginia and a medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine.
• University of Virginia–internship in internal medicine
• University of Virginia–residency in ophthalmology
Licensure & Board Certification
• Licensed in Virginia
• Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
• Martha Jefferson Hospital
• Monticello Community Surgery Center
Memberships, Offices & Committee Appointments
• American Academy of Ophthalmology
• Virginia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
• American Medical Association
• Medical Society of Virginia
• Albemarle County, Va., Medical Society (board member 2016-2019)
Awards & Honors
• Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
• Phi Beta Kappa
• Echols Scholar (University of Virginia honors program)
• Raven Society (University of Virginia honor society)
• Page RD, Johnson SJ. “Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgeries.” Topics in Cataract Surgery. N.p.: Avid Science, May 25, 2016. 2-45. Ebook.
• Page RD, Gupta SK, Jenkins TL, Karcioglu ZA. “Risk factors for poor outcomes in patients with open-globe injuries.” Clinical Ophthalmology. 2016. 10:1461-6.
• Page RD, Cofoid PA, McGehee TW, Luviano DM. “Rate of Complications in Cataract Surgery with Intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome.” Poster presented at Virginia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons Conference, June 14-15, 2019, Vienna, Va.
• Page RD, Shildkrot Y. “Visual Outcomes and Treatment Patterns in Bartonella Neuroretinitis.” Poster presented at Virginia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons Conference, June 8-9, 2018, Virginia Beach, Va.
• Page RD, Karcioglu Z, Martz T, Filutowski O. “Accuracy of Orbital Imaging in Predicting Orbital Tumor Diagnoses.” Poster presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, April 29-May 4, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii.
• Page RD, Kirzhner M. “A Case Report of Basal Cell Carcinoma with Orbital Invasion with Potential Response to Therapy with Hedgehog Pathway Inhibitor Vismodegib.” Poster presented at Virginia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons Conference, June 9-10, 2017, Wintergreen, Va.
• Page RD, Gupta SK, Jenkins TL, Karcioglu ZA. “Risk Factors for Poor Prognosis in Patients with Open Globe Injury.” Poster presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, May 3-7, 2015, Denver, Colo.
• Page RD, Gamett K, Johnson S. (2014). “Management of Retained Lens Fragments After Cataract Surgery: A Review of Visual Acuity Outcomes and Complications”. Poster presented at Virginia Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons Conference, June 6-7, 2014, Richmond, Va.
• Nunn J, Areiter E, Page RD, Prum B. (2013). “Long-term Bleb Survival After Staged Trabeculectomy and Temporal Clear Corneal Phacoemulsification Versus Combined Surgery.” Poster presented at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, May 4-8, 2014, Orlando, Fla.
• DiGrazia RL, Dewald AH, Columbus L. (2009). “Liposome Reconstitution of Opa Proteins of Neisseria.” Poster presented at American Chemical Society meeting, April 24, 2009, Charlottesville, Va.